Friday, June 27, 2008

The Birthday Weekend Begins






Chloe Noelle Daniels is officially 1 years old! Yesterday, June 26 was Chloe's first birthday. Her Me-Me and Pops came in to town from NC on her special day. We celebrated with them with lots of snuggles and kisses.

Joel and his dad have been redoing our "falling apart" deck so that has been a blessing. We are trying to get everything ready for Chloe's big party. This Sunday we are celebrating with 50 friends and family, Chloe's special day. The theme is princess and our little princess will be strut'in out in a pink tool princess dress that says Birthday Princess. The fancy hat, which probably won't be worn, is cone shaped, pink and furry!!

The menu is set and we are ready to serve a feast. Birthdays are very special to me. My mom and dad always threw me the BEST birthday parties. I remember several of them fondly...down to the smallest details! I hope that Chloe treasures these special times.

I have included some pictures above of Chloe in her birthday hat, next to her inflatable cupcake (yearly we will photo her next to this cupcake and see how big she grows), pictures of her in the dirt and with her Me-Me. We also had dinner tonight with my parents and the one and only MARCUS! He cracks me up whenever I am with him. What joy and laughter this preteen brings to our family!


Today I reflected on how special grandparents are. Thank you Lord for giving my girls such committed and special grandparents. I know they will grow up with wonderful memories of these special people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chloe is just the most adorable child. Grandma sure loves her. Grandma O.