Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer is here!





Summer is officially here for our family! We are taking advantage of the free time to play in the sun and be together. Chloe has been very active. We have play dates lined up all summer with cousins and friends from church. She had swim lessons last night. She was 1 of 3 babies that dove under water. It was so fun! I had to stand her up on the side of the pool and tilt her into the water like a nose dive. She did so well. We did it three times! She is so trusting of me. I am amazed daily how much she trusts Joel and I to take care of her. "Lord, help us trust you like that." She knows all of her needs will be met...Just as God promises to meet all of our needs.

We also had music and play class today at Gymboree. Chloe climbed like a little pro on all of the equipment and mats. She was so brave. She went and sat in another mom's lap because she wanted the toy that she had. Hmmm...no fears there. I pray daily that Chloe is strong, independent and brave...of course, gentle and sweet as well. I read about Joan of Arc yesterday...there has been very strong women in history. One of my favorites is Esther! Chloe- take on the world, little one!




Chloe and I had fun the other night with spongy rollers. Check out the picture below. I have fond memories running around the house as a little girl with Nicole wearing these spongy rollers. We would wake up with them all over the floor and our hair in twisty curls. How fun to re-live our childhood through our children.

Finally, we get to talk to Samantha this week. We are looking forward to her phone call. It has been two weeks. The director says she is adjusting. Please continue to pray for Easter Appilachian Teen Challenge. As with any ministry, they need funds to continue the work they are doing with the girls. If you feel led to give to their ministry let me know.
Danielle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my sweet daughter who I am so proud of and love very deeply. Mom

Anonymous said...

It's so great to have you blogging and to keep up with you guys. I miss you all so much. Love you each!!

linds said...

Dee... sponge rollers? fond memories? really????? Jess and I thought they were painful. Miss you.

xoxo!

linds